Discover The Power of a Happy Mind
From the Wall Street Journal bestselling author of Unlimited Memory comes a new book on finding happiness in life using the power of your mind.
Happiness is more than just a feeling–it’s a learned skill. When you master the habits of happiness, your life will be filled with more peace, purpose, and passion.
The search for happiness is fundamental for all humans, and the answers lie within the depths of your mind.
In The Happy Mind, you’ll discover valuable insights for lasting happiness instead of being driven by short-term pleasure seeking.
You’ll find the answers to your most important questions:
- What do you need to do to be truly happy?
- How can you change the old habits, beliefs, and situations that make you unhappy?
These questions have led to many philosophical debates over thousands of years. The philosophers of Greece were famous for their quest to define the pillars of “the good life.” Faith-based movements have painstakingly crafted dogmas and prescribed behaviors in pursuit of ultimate peace and joy. Academic studies have been concentrated on finding the answer to “the optimal life experience.”
When you look at all the scientific research, religious teachings, and philosophical insights, you find one inescapable conclusion: you can learn to live a truly happy life, but you must come to understand one thing…
We All Experience Happiness Differently
What makes one person happy may make another miserable. There is no one key to happiness for everyone. Instead, the answers lie within you.
As Shakespeare wrote, “This above all, to thine own self be true.” When you find what makes you truly happy, you’ll have all the answers you need. This book will help you find your unique roadmap to happiness.
The aim of this book is not to push a specific method of achieving of happiness. Instead, you’ll discover valuable insights that will allow you to create lasting happiness for yourself instead of being driven by short-term pleasure-seeking.
In this book you will learn:
- How people search for happiness in all the wrong places, and how you can avoid these “happiness traps” that keep you stuck and unfulfilled
- Why most people mistake pleasure for happiness, and how this simple mistake causes you to lose sight of what really matters to you
- The nine common qualities that super happy people share (and how you can apply them to brighten up your life)
- The key traits of unhappiness (and the most important behaviors you should avoid)
- Easy changes you can make that will create more long-term happiness for you and your loved ones